Digital Marketing has emerged as one of the most dynamic mediums of advertising and promotion in the current technological era. Considering the advancements made during the year 2017, the economy has witnessed the increase in the practice of Digital Marketing techniques by organisations. Technology is now playing a major role in generating better strategies for businesses where the focus is entirely being laid over customer preferences and engagement.
In the dynamic digital marketing sector, the strategy which worked efficiently last year would not benefit this year. The trends in digital marketing are rapidly changing.
Here are some of the top Digital Marketing trends which are taking over the industries:
- Mobile Marketing: Mobile phone has now become a necessity for every individual. In the past few years, there has been a significant increase in the number of smartphone users across the globe. Mobile Marketing has emerged as one of the most effective trends which organizations are actively embedding in their marketing strategy to reach their target customers. Mobile strategy has become a priority for marketers, and creating a mobile website helps them increase their customer reach. Also, the active use of mobile elements like text messages is allowing companies to generate personalized engagement with their customers.
- Videos: Social Media is the most prominent choice for the organizations as the more customers are becoming active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The current social media users in India have been recorded at approx. 196 million for the year 2017, which is expected to reach 370 million by 2022. Videos are the new sensation driving the marketers to reach their target audience. A promotional video is one of the best ways to reach the target audience. A video is watched by billions of users every hour on YouTube and over 8 million videos are being viewed on Facebook every day.
- AI and Chatbots: Chatbots are the face of the technological era. Brands, at the moment, are encompassing AI-powered Chatbots in their marketing strategies to improve their approach towards customer engagement. The Chatbots are making customer service more effective and prompt in organisations. Customers receive answers to all their queries instantly, and the waiting time has been reduced efficiently. The Chatbots are being actively incorporated by a number of firms in their day-to-day operations, which help brands in improving their service to their customers, thereby creating a positive image.
- Storytelling: Storytelling is one of the prime medium of advertising by companies and is also enjoyed by audiences world-wide. However, the method of telling a story has transformed with the changing times. Organizations are now spending a considerable amount of their marketing budgets on Digital Advertising. $73 billion was spent on Digital Advertising in India in 2017, which is expected to grow substantially in the coming years. The current feature of stories by Snapchat, Whatsapp, Facebook, as well as Instagram is being amalgamated in the marketing strategies and the brands are dynamically conveying their stories via social networking platforms.
- Virtual Reality: In the recent times, with everything becoming digital, Virtual Reality has also become a part of an organization’s marketing strategy. According to Economic Times, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are enforcing brands to provide an immersive experience to their target audience. For example, the L’Oreal makeup app efficiently uses Virtual Reality and allows consumers to apply makeup virtually, to get an idea of their look after using the products. Virtual Reality is proving to be an advantage for organizations and brands are expected to involve them in the coming years.
Digital Marketing is the new face of marketing strategies for organisations. Trends in the Digital marketing sector will keep changing with the advancements in the technological era over the next few years. Firms can’t ignore them if they want to grow and succeed. The trends mentioned above, when implemented, ensure an organization’s success in building brand awareness and increasing customer engagement.
Digital Marketing has not only become a trending factor in industries, and this has led to an increase in demand for digital marketing professionals. Companies are offering attractive packages for digital marketing experts. This has led to a number of students shifting their interest towards pursuing Digital Marketing courses after 12th, as it offers excellent job opportunity and growth.
The metros in India are considered as an ultimate destination for Digital Marketing education due to the presence of the multinational corporations and industry opportunities. Some of the preferred choices are – Delhi, Noida, Bangalore, Mumbai, etc.
IMS, Noida, is the most recommended choice for the students looking for Digital Marketing colleges in India after 12th. The institute delivers quality education with optimum exposure to the industry for students. The education being imparted with the updated sources makes IMS Noida, one of the best Digital Marketing colleges in Noida. The institute is also known for its comprehensive digital marketing course and offers the finest placements for students.
Career opportunities in Digital Marketing field are expected to grow manifold in the company years. Understanding the latest technology trends in Digital marketing will give a boost to your skills, and will help you grab the best jobs. Doing a Digital Marketing course is a smart choice for students and professionals!